AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:17 am

Lebron James now has 9 straight games with at least 30 against one opponent, Boston Celtics. The only other player ever to do that is Walt Chamberlain. The 9th game came in a win yesterday against the Boston Celtic. He will be able to try and break Walt's record in the next game against the Boston Celtics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theredzone.talk-forums.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 pm

Not a big deal because Lebron can't do it alone. It's a nice record, but it's pretty meaningless when the Cavs have NO shot at winning the championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:13 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
Not a big deal because Lebron can't do it alone. It's a nice record, but it's pretty meaningless when the Cavs have NO shot at winning the championship.
Lebron did make it to the championship game by himself, with hardly ANY help from his team. If the Cav's get him a little more help, then they could be tough. They are on a roll as of late.

"You lose with potential. You win with performance."...Bill Parcells
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Yeah, but the only tough team he had to face was Detroit. The other two teams they played weren't very good and I honestly can't see anybody getting by Boston or Detroit and reaching the Eastern Finals as long as both teams are healty. And if Boston can keep KG, Allen, and Pierce healthy, IMO they are too good to not reach the Finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:57 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
Yeah, but the only tough team he had to face was Detroit. The other two teams they played weren't very good and I honestly can't see anybody getting by Boston or Detroit and reaching the Eastern Finals as long as both teams are healty. And if Boston can keep KG, Allen, and Pierce healthy, IMO they are too good to not reach the Finals.
Ya i agree with you. I think for the Cav's to contend with the Celtics they need to get another person. Hopefully they go after Jason Kidd. But I can see them beat the Pistons. They are playing without Anderson Varajo and a few other guys are hurt right now, and they are still playing really well. The pistons didn't get better since last year and Leron is playing at an MVP level right now, way higher level than last year. If the Cav's get some help for Lebron, this team could be really tough.

"You lose with potential. You win with performance."...Bill Parcells
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 pm

The Referee wrote:
AtzingerB wrote:
Ya i agree with you. I think for the Cav's to contend with the Celtics they need to get another person. Hopefully they go after Jason Kidd. But I can see them beat the Pistons. They are playing without Anderson Varajo and a few other guys are hurt right now, and they are still playing really well. The pistons didn't get better since last year and Leron is playing at an MVP level right now, way higher level than last year. If the Cav's get some help for Lebron, this team could be really tough.

I agree, but with the Cavs situation I think a deal for any bigtime player is virtually impossible. They need to get Lebron some help but it may be a year or 2 before that can happen. I also don't believe that Detroit will lose to the Cavs in the playoffs if they meet because I don't think they would let Lebron beat them again. Detroit is too talented to let that happen again IMO, but it is possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 pm

Lebron has got to be lobbying to bring in a guy like Kidd. They need help at the guard position badly. The bad news for them is that they have no players that make a trade possible with the Nets. Lebron won't be able to carry the load forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record   

Back to top Go down

Lebron tie one of Chamberlain's record
Page 1 of 1