Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Jets to persue Samuel hard.......   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:38 am

Click here for link

Samuel to Jets?

It's a pretty strong free-agent class and early speculation says the Jets will make a strong attempt to sign Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel.

Samuel was designated with the franchise tag last year, but by agreement when he signed the one-year tender, he can't be franchised again. Samuel and Darrelle Revis would give the Jets the best pair of corners in the NFL.

Here's an interesting name to consider: Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss. When he was traded to the Patriots, his deal was restructured to a one-year, $3 million contract with $2 million in incentives. It's hard to imagine the Patriots won't do everything they can to bring him back and just as hard to think Moss would want to leave Tom Brady.

Moss resurrected his image this season, but that was because he was playing with Brady.

Teams could still be wary of him, especially if they are not Super Bowl contenders. Will he lose interest like he did in Oakland?

There are some other interesting names on the free-agent list distributed by the NFLPA last week.

San Diego's Michael Turner, the best backup running back in the league, will become one of the 10 best starters next season. He earned himself a nice payday stepping in for LaDainian Tomlinson in the playoffs. Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs also will be a hot commodity if he is not franchised. Same for Titans DT Albert Haynesworth and Steelers guard Alan Faneca. Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, who, like Samuel, was the franchise player for the 2007 season, can't be franchised again.

WIth the Pats probably not being able to afford to resign him, it would make sense for the Jets to try to steal a division rivals "best" defensive player. He would also make a good CB opposite of youngster Revis, a first round pick last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Jets to persue Samuel hard.......   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm not overly impressed with Samuels myself. It seems as if he is willing to let his guy go to get an int. Yes he makes plays, but how many does he give up. From what I've seen he gives up quite a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Jets to persue Samuel hard.......   Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:10 pm

I think Marcus Trufant is the best CB in this FA, taking the price tag into consideration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Jets to persue Samuel hard.......   Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:51 pm

I didn't know he was a FA, but I'd have to agree regardless of the price tag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: Jets to persue Samuel hard.......   Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
I didn't know he was a FA, but I'd have to agree regardless of the price tag.
Ya, Trufant is a FA but i think he is going to get franchised or re-signed by Seattle. They arent going to let him get away.

"You lose with potential. You win with performance."...Bill Parcells
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theredzone.talk-forums.com
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Jets to persue Samuel hard.......   Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:33 pm

He probably will be franchised, like Referee said. Regardless, the guy is a real playmaker and really makes opposing QB's look only to the other side of the field.
Back to Samuel though, did you see the hit he put on Reggie Wayne in the Pro Bowl? Gotta love a CB who isn't afraid to go up and pop a WR from time to time!
BTW, just for some general information; it is spelled SAMUEL, no S at the end. Common mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jets to persue Samuel hard.......   

Back to top Go down

Jets to persue Samuel hard.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: National Football League :: NFL Rumors-
Jump to: